Lennon'sWifehama ES-100

Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 15:12:35 -0500

Mark wrote:
>I guess I also wanted to look "cool". Face it, those 2 tires are super
>aggressive lookings. But, I looked in the mirror today, realized I was a
>middleaged man with 3 children under 4 and decided: "I don't look cool or
>feel cool... I'm just damn tired. Besides, when did my boxers start
fitting
>me like a g-string?"

Mark, Mark, Mark...
Form follows function.  Don't buy super-agressive tires because you want
the image, buy super-aggressive tires because they ARE super-aggressive.
If others think they look bitchin', well, that's their burden.  I use tread
pattern as one criterion in attempting to judge traction and footprint.

It's not as easy as it used to be when the only performance tires were
Goodyear Blue Streaks and Gen-1 BFGoodrich T/A (before radials!).  And now,
chemistry is really muddying the waters, you know, adding silica enhances
cold/wet traction and treadwear. Who'da thunk adding sand to rubber would
work so well...

Nitto 450s look good but I hear they pretty much suck.  Bridgestone S-03
has a lot of void space and one wouldn't think the traction could be there,
but it is.  Great time to need tires, the choices are awesome.

Bruce in Houston not thinking much of the Goodyear Eagle LS that came on
the tow beast...