Wheel package & ?'s

Qualudia101@aol.com Qualudia101@aol.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 00:26:32 -0500

JP:
I believe you are correct. Everything you say collaborates
I was wrong.
Mark of lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com and I have been working on this
and he communicated with an engineer in the auto industry for 20yrs.
The weight I am told is on the Lugs, albeit some on the hub,
but little if any effect, just as you say. I also found this site
 <A HREF="http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/techinfo/alloy.asp">Tyres-Online: Technical Information: Technical Aspects of Alloy Wheels</A>
which talks about centering rings which seems to bear out the finding.
Thanks for the support.I feel much better about aftermarket wheels
not designed specifically for our cars.
Now on to the wheels of choice, I waiting for an Enkei RPF1 sample
to arrive from Discount to try out fitment..........Is a 7" wide Rim
+35 offset too much increased outward track for our cars?

Frank 93SE-R

> Subj: Re: Wheel package &?'s
>  Date: 5/12/2003 2:48:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:cowboydren@b15sentra.net">cowboydren@b15sentra.net</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:Qualudia101@aol.com">Qualudia101@aol.com</A>
>  CC: <A HREF="mailto:se-r@lists.deskmedia.com">se-r@lists.deskmedia.com</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
> Frank wrote:

> >I can't see plastic being right.
The weight of the car is now
transferred to the lugs where it is supposed to be on the hubs.
I *think* that this is incorrect.