Header Repair

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter@hotmail.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 08:43:08 -0500

Wayne wrote:
>Since you mention it...  Is there any reliable way to weld up or otherwise
>repair cracked HS headers?  I have an original 1996 vintage set.  Besides

Well if you hadn't moved out of Ohio you could have driven down to
Arcstarter Acres, paid me one (1) beer and the job would have been done!

Hey Wayne I have a large lathe and mill now.  Haha! :)

>the standard 1-4 crack, there's one along the bend of the #4 tube, right

My KBD headers are also cracked all to hell down near the outlet flange  I
think the pipes are under stress, and over time all the vibrations just
pulls them apart.

Long story short just last night I tigged what I could, but then ran into a
tight spot, and had to use the oxy-acetylene to get into a nook and it's
matching cranny.  Doesn't look good but it will work.

Wyane I think you need to carry in your header with a 6 pack to your local
Midas and have the local gomer mig it back up.

-Bill (wondering if Courtesy Nissan will give 25% off of new Maxima?)
'92 Classic @ 171Kmi, throughly disassembled