I need some help QUICK! Rear brake rotor removal

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 15:17:12 -0500

Well, thanks to Davids idea I was able to use one of the bolts that hold the
distributor onto the engine. It was a 12mm bolt that didn't quite fit but I
forced it in anyways and the rotor popped off. Thanx David! The bolt threads
got a lil rounded at the end of it but it fit back in it's original spot.
Thanks to those who called and replied.

Ray S
98 Sentra SE

>From: David Pertuz <davidpertuz@mindspring.com>
>To: "Ray Sta.Juana" <raystajuana@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: I need some help QUICK! Rear brake rotor removal
>Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 14:48:07 -0400

If the rears have the pair of threaded holes to help get them off, you can
use one of the 10-mm, 12-mm or 14-mm-head bolts (I can't remember which)
littered throughout the engine aompartment. I think I used one of the bolts
on the AIV assembly. Just take one out and see if the trheads are the right
size, and if they aren't go up or down one size. When you bottom the bolt
out you will have to turn it a bit more, then it will come loose with a
good pop.

david

I'm taking off my brake rotors to get them resurfaced and I can't get the
rear ones off. The fronts are fine but the rear won't budge. I've tried the
hammer around the edges trick and still no good. Anyone know what the bolt
or thread size is for those holes on the hub of the rotor so I can run to
the parts store real quick? I need to get these done ASAP so if u wanna call
me here's my number: 909-499-8738  Thanx a lot.

Ray S
98 Sentra SE