Engine vs. drivetrain removal?

Hammer Down hammer_down@hotmail.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:42:06 -0500

I have only done two engine swaps in an SE-R (countless others from 510's,
Z's, Trucks, 67' Ford Bronco, etc) and I have to agree with Tom's method of
dropping the entire assembly as the easiest route for removal.  I removed
the hood and used a hoist to lower it to the ground.  Then had a hell of a
time trying to drag it out from under the car until I got some additional
help.  For installation, I raised the engine/trans assembly only, from the
bottom into place with the hoist then installed the lower cross member and
the axles after the engine was bolted into the two side mounts.  There may
be a faster more efficient method but this seemed to work and be fairly
error free.

Erik Halvorson