Toyo .vs. Bridgestone

JOHN MANN jmann98@msn.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:28:02 -0500

Mark, I've read too much, too, and quite a few (on tirerack.com) have noted
that the SO-3 follows grooves badly. Meanwhile, Sport Compact Car gave a
glowing review of Toyos on an se-r and how it practically eliminated this
problem on the se-r (plus other mods). Something to consider.

Btw, I called tirerack.com and asked about the S0-3 tire in 195/50/15 and they
said they wouldn't sell it to me because its not within specs for my car (load
rating was too low). If you have this problem everywhere (tire places worried
about liability), and you don't install them yourself, and you're stuck on
195s, you'll probably have to go with Toyos in 195-55-15. Has anyone else had
this problem?

- John
lightly modified '97 200sx se-r (eyeing new Falken Azenis tires in rain-free
Phoenix)