1/4mile

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:07:28 -0500

At 04:04 PM 4/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I got a 200sx se-r it says on the website it can run the 1/4 mile in 15.6
>but when i ran mine it only ran 16.8.  I was hoping someone could tell me
>the problem.  Thanks for your help

The cars have historically come from the factory with seriously retarded
ignition timing.  It's supposed to be 15 deg, but 10 or 12 is common.  Was
at the 'strip with a bud back in Ohio years ago on his first time out (Hi
John!), and his B14 was only running like 16.4.  Bumped the timing, and
voila! - 15.6.  See se-r.net for timing instructions.

Launch technique makes a BIG difference, too.  What 60' time did you pull?

   -WC