Turbo sizing for 2.0 engine

NismoDriver@aol.com NismoDriver@aol.com
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 11:36:27 -0500

What are your horsepower goals?  A stage V wheel in a .48 is going to really
choke the turbo. If you are looking for decent spool and up to 350 whp or so,
I would go with a .54 trim (Very efficient maps up to 15 psi) 50 A/R
compressor, Stage III in an extrude honed .63 housing. If you want around 400
whp with decent a spool, I personally like the .50 trim 50 A/R (or 57 trim 60
A/R) and a Stage 5 wheel in an extrude honed .63. This exhaust side gives
better spool but will not provide the high power numbers that the more
popular  Stage III .82 will provide. Just my .02.

John
New Orleans, LA