Suspension Bushing advice

Hammer Down hammer_down@hotmail.com
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:32:34 -0500

Inspect the old bushings for cracking.  If you don't see any, you are fine.
If you do see cracking, replace them.  If you want better control over what
the suspension is doing and are looking at performance upgrades, replace
them with Urethane.  The only thing, the Urethane bushings do add to
interior noise around town.  On the highway I never noticed the noise
addition much.  It was very civilized when considering the improvement in
precision they added.  Granted, I had a lot more work to do before I had a
great track car but the car definitly improved in directional comtrol and
stability and was a great communter.  I had just AGX shocks with the full ES
bushing kit and it was very nice.  I then upgraded the springs to the 1st
generation Hypercoil's and go more conering stabily and a nice moderate
lowered stance.  I never was quite happy with my shock setting though.  It
was either a bit too harsh or too bouncey.  I need some more time finding
the sweet spot.  Bars might have been a better comprimise than springs buy
again the lowered stance looked better but wasn't ridiculous.

JMHO

Erik Halvorson
Now a former SE-R (DET) owner
Waiting for the 1991 740 Turbo Wagon to arrive.

Ray wrote:
...I've been contemplating about
wether it's time to replace the bushings on my car.