Turbo sizing for 2.0 engine

Heick Resources blitzmr2@insightbb.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:35:12 -0500

> What are your horsepower goals? That's a big wheel in a small housing on
the
> exhaust side.

Hi. My HP goals are around 300 WHP with relatively quick spool. This is a
street and road course car, not a drag car.

Initial reaction here seems to indicate that this is odd, even not-ideal
sizing. As I explained to another list member, this turbo was spec'd by a
friend of mine who worked for Titan for awhile and does a lot of tuning and
HP building on MR2Ts. I have driven a MR2T with this very same turbo, and
though I can't recall exactly what it felt like, I recall it spooled quicker
than my TD06 (a Mitsubishi 20G). That car has run 12.2  at 115 on an
unopened, 190k mile engine with the only mods being a FPR, intake, exhaust,
GReddy IC, and Water Injection -and that turbo at 20 psi. I don't mean to
argue with you all -don't want to be one to ask for advice and then
argue -I'm just confused.

Terry Heick
Modern Sports Car
Heick Resources