I've got a leak and I can't find where it's coming from!

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:45:40 -0500

It is possible, though it doesn't seem that likely,
that you have a leaking brake line. A leaking power
steering line (particularly the high-pressure side)
is much more likely to create a mess, even though
the nearest line is down below. If you have not
checked them lately, checking each of these fluids
should give you a good first-order feeling as to
wehther either is a potential cause. Beyond that,
I would do my best to clean off all the dirt in that
area with some spray degreaser and water, and then
keep a close eye on the area for the leak, keeping
in mind that an oily mess down below may be caused
by something up high that runs down.

david