Fw: OE plat plug change interval?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:00:30 -0500

At 11:31 AM 4/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I did a tuneup on my car the other day ..... realistic change interval for
>these plugs?

I've always replaced them before the 60K Nissan claims they're good
for.  Up to about 55K is the most elderly I've kept in.  40 - 50K is
probably reasonable.  They are usually looking pretty rough by then.

I used to only use the platinums, but I've pretty much given up on
them.  The regular NGKs are only $1.70/ea  (retail at Advance Auto.)  The
60K thing might be a nice economy move if you have to pay someone to work
on your car [doesn't apply to any of us, no?!]  but I'd rather keep
something more fresh in there, and don't mind spending 30 minutes once a
year to swap 'em out.

The NGKs (regular & plats) seem to have wonderfully forgiving heat range
characteristics.  They seem to burn at the "right" temperature, for a wide
variety of cars and drivers.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car