Fw: OE plat plug change interval?

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:31:36 -0500

I did a tuneup on my car the other day and got a
slightly raised eyebrow at the sight of my plugs.
Generally sorta beige-ey and healthy-looking, but
the electrodes ranged from borderline to sorta
toasted. I've always used the OE NGK platinum
plugs, middle heat range (-6) and the ones I just
took out had been in the car maybe 55k miles (my
car has 178k on it now). I don't really remember
very well.

The FSM calls for a 60k change interval for
platinum plugs, but clearly these plugs are not
good for that long. What, in the collective
experience of those of you use OE plugs and have
noticed, is a more realistic change interval for
theseplugs? From now on, I think I will just
change them every 30k miles.

thanks,
David