THOSE WHO USE MOBIL ONE SYN for your SER's

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:17:52 -0500

Peter Serwe wrote:

> Depending on application of course, turbo/na/supercharged/nitrous
> and of course things like how much time you spend near redline,

I think this should say time NOT spent near redline!  Most the
engines that look like crap haven't had the piss revved out of them.

> Regular Dino oil, I like to see gone after about 1500-2k-if-your-
> lazy-miles,tops.

Dino oil is fine every 3K I have the service records from my 347,000
mile SE-R to prove it.  It had oil changes every 3K and it still
pulls *HARD* and has 180, 180, 180, 180 compression.

> I wouldn't leave anything in 5000 miles, much less 15k.  Not if I
> cared about the engine.

Agreed.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 347K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R