doing the clutch 92 g20

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:48:21 -0500

IIRC,  I used a half-inch breaker bar or ratchet without anything on it, and it
fit
perfectly into the square recess on the plug. The plug had to break free, and it
popped,
somewhat loud, but there's huge threads, and the design of the plug makes it
fairly hard to
break, I think, unlike bolts, which break fairly easily.  If that doesn't
resemble an SE-R, sorry, mine's
not out front atm, and I could be remembering the wife's Camry, but I don't
*think* so.

Ben Fenner wrote:

> > Another problem is a really stuck tranny fill plug.
> > Luke

Another interesting story I've heard from a local mechanic buddy is of someone
who couldn't find a tranny fill plug and dumped gear oil all over the clutch via

the clutch inspection hole on top of a VW's transaxle.

I know I pretty much hate filling on the ground with bottles of mt90, or any
other gear oil.

My 4wd has 4 fun filled places to check and fill.  The nice thing is, it's high
enough
to crawl around underneath it with just a creeper.  For the SE-R,
I did ramps on a slope to bring the car to level, and the front end up.
4 ramps would do it on level ground, just drive onto the fronts, and jack the
end up/slide the ramps under the tires for the rear.

> I know I should be flogged for this but before I was told which plug was the
> tranny fill, I filled mine through the small vent at the top of the tranny.

Darth Roffe has the torture implements ;)  JK

Cheers,

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.