Leaving the Nissan family

Eddy, Michael EddyMJ@MSX.UPMC.EDU
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:27:37 -0500

  About this time last year, I got estimates on some body work for my
Classic, which I felt were too close to the value of the car.  That,
combined with my growing desire for something a little bigger and better
appointed, made me decide to start looking at new cars.  I did drive both a
SPEC-V (not really bigger or nicer) and an Altima 3.5 (too big and
expensive)...I knew I couldn't swing a 350Z, so I didn't look at those.
Ultimately, I decided that I wanted an A4, and a few weeks ago, I finally
found a '99 equipped to my liking.  I traded my '92 SE-R in, after removing
most of the few extras I had on it.  Afterwards, I found out that a kid who
works at the dealership had been looking for one, and they sold it to him at
cost.  It's too bad I didn't hook up with him before the trade...I could
have made more money, but I'm happy to know that the car went to someone
who's going to appreciate it.  He already knows about this list and other
on-line resources...maybe he'll turn up here.
  I learned a fair amount here since I joined in around '96...and not just
about my car.  There's a real COMMUNITY of people here...not as large as it
used to be...but I think that the S/N ratio is maybe even better because of
that.  So far, the audiworld forum doesn't seem too bad, though people seem
oddly obsessed with their sigs.  But, it definitely isn't be the same.
Oddly, it doesn't seem like I really parted with my little red car until
now, as I'm leaving the community that taught me so much about it.
  I never posted very much, I only swapped emails with a few people here,
and I never made it to any of the events or get-togethers, so I can't really
say that I'm "friends" with anyone here, but there are some personalities
that I've come to know, as much as this format will allow, and I can truly
say I'll miss them, and the knowledge that I might call upon them for
advice.  Perhaps I'll get lucky and lots of you will buy Audis in the future
:^)

  Thank you all, for many years of assistance and support...and a special
thanx to Larry for maintaining this list.

Best regards,
Michael Eddy