Bridgestone Tires

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:52:15 -0500

Yes with lighter wheels its eassier to bend them. I had Konig Tantrum 18x7.5
on Potenza SO3- 235-40-18s. They went through the nastiest Chicago pot holes
and never bent them, but I did get the car air born at one time and did bend
one slightly- able to balance it out and put it on the back of the car. Now
I have Enkei RPO1s 17x8 on 245-45-17" Nitto 555 Extremes- better than SO3s
in my oppinion.... and I went through some nasty pot holes and bent the lip
on the one wheel just slightly- dont even affect the balance- and U got to
stare hard at the wheel to tell where its bent. So yeah lighter wheels are
more prone to bent than some heavy ass dubs. For refference the RPO1s are
16lbs each in 17x8 compared to 25lbs for 18x7.5 Tantrums.
Mike Jez