Bridgestone Tires

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:19:43 -0500

> >From both of your comments, I'm inclined to go with my original idea of
> 195's. Someone on this list, last summer?, had actually posted that there
> were some 195's that were bigger than some of the vaunted 205's out there.
> Didn't really want to get into having to use spacers and whatnot in order
> for them to fit.

> Will the center cap still fit with the 195's?

Mark,

The center caps won't be a problem.  Actually, the problem with fitment of wide
tires on a B13 is clearance with the rear spring perches on the strut.  I can
BARELY squeeze my pinky in between the S-03 sidewall and the bottom of the
spring perch.  I have never had any rubbing problems with these 195's, even
during autocrossing.

Just FYI, I am running B14 SE-R wheels, 15x6.5" IIRC.  It's a very good fit and
they look terrific on the car.  Tires aren't quite wide enough to look like the
back of a Porsche 911 TT but good enough for an econobox =).

Omer F. Khan
'92 White SE-R w/ stuff.  Pics @
www.ohmfab.com