FSTB -- and then some!

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:25:20 -0600

cowboydren@b15sentra.net wrote:

> Brian Cembor said:

> > In talking with another LM... he was of the opinion that a FSTB hurts a
> > B-13 in an AutoX.

> the tarmac.  I also *think,* though, that a better driver who actually
> knows what his/her front suspension is doing would be in better shape to
> drive faster than a driver with a weak front suspension randomly bobbing
> in and out.

I'm no star driver, probably be the slowest guy in a nissan whenever
I do make it to an autocross - I have no excuse this summer!

But aside from that, I'll say that I never put my fstb back on after putting
the gc's
c/c plates/shig rear mounts on, and it seems that the car understeers way
less.

But I had prokits on before with the fstb, and I'd like to put it back on and
see.

I believe with the progress bars, front AND rear stbs, I'll end up with a
really
tight and sticky, and get the dampening set ideal.  I've got it as good as I
can
seem to feel at 1/3 right now, and it seems decent, but I also have the rear
way
to high, so I feels like the rears lighter.

My .02.

On a side note:  What's the suggested progress bar setting for the closest to
neutral with
a 300/200 rate?  I swear I want to up the rate, but I'm not ready to bite the
bullet on the springs
atm.  Just guessing here, but - medium front, stiff rear?  I'm using
195/55/14's on there atm, maybe it's 195/50 :P  It's sitting far away with a
knocking rod awaiting getting ripped apart early next week.

I found a shop with a lift, and skilled dude who runs it, who'll also let me
help -
and hopefully won't charge me for it YAY!