Help Car Trouble.

Winston Johnson plwq@hotmail.com
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:34:31 -0600

Hey guys I have this problem where two things are happening and I don;t know
if they are related.
My car is a 5spd Infiniti G20.

1) While driving and I change gears at a high rev say 6 or 7 rpm the
headlights dim as well as my interior lights. After I change the gear
everything returns to normal.

2) If I drive my car for an extended period of time when I am driving and I
try to rev the car out to 6 or 7 while changing the car only allows me to go
to 5 depending on which gear I am in and at what speed I am travelling. The
only way i can describe the feeling at that point is it is as tho i have hit
the rev limiter and the car does not want to go any higher on the rev band.
I hear a muffling noise like air pocket sounds coming from the exhaust and I
am forced to change gears at that point because the car won't accelerate.

If you have any insight or suggestions... I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Ston.

WRJohnson