Swap Almost Done, Need Advice

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:19:03 -0600

I've had this problem on my GTi-R engine when I put it in... start it up for
the 1st time- and it would not idle any lower than 2K RPM, actually it was
spining the turbo up a little bit. I was seeing very very low vaccum on the
boost gauge. What I totally forgot about is the damn brake booster line that
goes off the intake manifold to the metal line on the firewall to the brake
booster. I had the AAC valve cranked all the way down the car would still
run very very bad- missed and poped out of the intake sometimes... I was
putting a new wireing harness in the car over one evening with the engine in
the car and disconnected the hose to the brake booster and forgot to plug it
in... and at the initial 1st start of the engine it would run at 2K RPM. As
for the smoke, its probably from all the dirty oily hands that where
probably touching the exhaust manifold. As long as U don't see the smoke
coming out of the tail pipe, U are fine.... or U might have a huge
restriction in the exhaust- melted cat, in that case it will leak out the
header, car will barely run too.
Mike Jez
SHIFT_GTiR-TO4E-3rd gear destroying style :)