Swap Almost Done, Need Advice

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:20:24 -0600

You folks remember my post a few days (7-ish) ago about the G20 swap I'm
"helping" with?  We're having some trouble with the new engine, namely
it's idle and exhaust contaminates.  Below are the two messages he's sent
to a couple of forums.  PLEASE HELP!

Message #1:

I figured engine would be the closest subject to post under I didn't think
of this as maintence

Okay I am about don with my engine swap to a JDM primera GT engine. I am
not using any of my EGR equipment. No here is the problem I go to start it
up and the engine raors to life like its open full throttle. I turned it
off and had some wispy white smoke.

I went over the engine the engine a few times today and yesterday checking
connections. I've loaded the car with all its fluids have a new cap and
rotor on it and new plugs and wires all my parts have been from Nissan. I
need help like big time I am running out of ideas tonight will be spent
reading the FSM and tomarrow I will be checking all my conections again.

Message #2:

Okay I've checked all my hoses and my harness conections I'm idleing at
2k-2500 I've also check my fuel injection and all seems good. After
running for about a minute wispy white smoke apears to come from the
exhaust manifold and smells faintly of coolant but very faintly. I've also
adjusted my AICV to no avail. Come on guys I'm sure one of you monkeys no
whats up.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |