PAR Bulletproof Gearset Installed and Running

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 00:48:37 -0600

> Where the transmission really shines is rowing through
> the gears at WOT, it shifts very fast and smooth,
> amazingly so.

A few months ago, SCC did an article comparing a few VW platforms with
1.8t powerplants and various transmissions, including a Quaife sequencial
6-speed.  How do you suppose this would compare to that transmission for
time between gears?  (Faster than stock, slower than Quaife, closer to
Quaife speed, for example)  Can you do 1-2 and 3-4 clutchless pretty
easily?  How much worse is 3-4?

Not like I'm going to drop $3000 on a gearset, but for the sake of
posterity, I think this would be neat stuff to know.  The other
transmission upgrades sound like fun, too.  How much d'you s'pose it'd
take for somebody starting from square one (a good B14 case, dead VLSD, no
broken gears) to duplicate your transmission, cash-wise?