Gasket gooping

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:37:14 -0600

.Hearn@cd-tech.com wrote:

>King Turd managed to crack both bolt
>bosses for the oil pan in the aluminum front cover.  He put a lot of

The way I broke a front cover was by not removing the two nuts which attach
the front main seal cover to the inner oil pan.  Then I removed the oilpan.
:)

Oh by the way I lost 5th gear (pops out) on my '92 Classic.  It had been
fixed under warranty in '94.  Need to see if they put in the revised parts
or not.  Looks like I get to take it apart.  Again.  Or just buy a new
car...

-Bill
'92 Classick @ 168Kmi
w/ cracked windshield, cracked header, orig alt/waterpump, no 5th gear...