Gasket gooping

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:39:45 -0600

Khiem, spdracer@mail.utexas.edu wrote:

>I'll add to this, but it's with teflon tape.  My HKS mech. oil pressure
>gauge has a fitting that screws into the oil pressure sender
>location.  This fitting is a tee with one part going to the gauge and the
>other hole, I used for the
>turbo oil line.

>Well, was having oil leak from the oil line into the tee hole.  Tried
>cranking down the fitting, no good.  Added some teflon tape, no good.

Khiem, does this line use a compression fitting?

Most mechanical gauges use a ferrule around a nylon line with brass
compression fittings.  If this is what you have then cranking it down will
not make it seal better.  I will make it seal worse as you deform the
ferrule.  If this is the case, get a new ferrule and compression fitting
and redo this.  These fittings take some getting used to.  I didn't until I
started kart racing and *had* to because they were used on our brake lines.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com