Ground wire kits

Jon Davis TurboSER@comcast.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:49:29 -0600

These sound like snake oil to me. The ECU in our cars has a separate ground
plane for signals vs. power and switching. The only thing you could do to
improve noise is careful wire routing, check crimps and ground points and if
you wanted to go to the nth degree, you could use some ultra shielded wire
for the signals. I doubt that would even make a SOTP difference, the
electrical system is well designed to hedge against interference. That being
said, if the Sun ground wires aren't routed well, it could very well
increase noise. The only thing I see them doing is providing a few extra
millivolts to the starter while cranking. It might even help with a few
millivolts while the alternator is putting out a lot of current, but again
that wouldn't affect the ECU significantly unless you were switching a 50
amp load at 400 Hz.

Jon Davis