Emissions (long - but need advice on somthing new)

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:02:25 -0600

PAIR stands for Pulse Air Injection Recirculation, it works on deceleration,
and around idle to 2500RPM... when installing a POP and keeping the PAIR on
deceleration U can hear these weird farting noises coming from the POP. It
basically injects unmetered air into the exhaust stream, helps with NOx and
HCs.  JWT can eliminate that for ya. When removing the PAIR the car will run
rich without the PAIR. I have a JWT POP ECU with no PAIR program to help me
pass emissions. I think its that, O2 sensor, or leaky injectors. EGR has
nothing to do with HCs, and when HCs are high, NOx will be also ;)
Mike Jez
93 SE-R 3rd gear roll on burnouts from 70MPH on 17psi :) built GTi-R TO4E.
01 Max only does a roll on in 2nd from 40 on....