Donations to Alfie's family (PLEASE READ!)

Carlos Gutierrez cgutierrez@ci.glendora.ca.us
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:22:04 -0600

Sorry, just got in & read this (1st digest)...

Shannon asked:

>>When someone knows more
about a Trust Fund for the family, please
let us know asap.>>

Unfortunately I couldn't attend the mass last night.  I asked Martin to
please ask about this when he was there Wed evening & did hear back from
the family regarding this.

There is no fund set-up, but I plan on sending Yolanda a check from the
SoCal-SERCA fund as soon as I have an address.  I may even deliver it
personally w/ a card & flowers in a few days to give them some space &
let his family grieve.

If you would like to donate any amount you wish & feel comfortable doing
it this way, please mail a check made out to me or send a Paypal.  This
is so I can deposit it in the SoCal acct. & write *1 BIG check* to her,
as I am not sure what her legal name is & don't want to see any checks
returned).  I will keep all of your envelopes so that I can give them
all to her.  Please write "Alfie" on the envelope, so

Or if you wish, I can find out what Yolanda's legal name is & post an
address where to mail your condolence cards.

Either way, this young lady will be going through some tough times I'm
sure (not just recovering from the emotional trauma), and we should give
if we can.  Funerals are expensive & I know Alfie worked for Disney,
IIRC, but being so young we don't know what sort of benefits she'll be
left with.

I would like to do this by next Thursday 3/13, so please don't hesitate.
If you would like to post this message on the forums, please by all
means.  TIA!

SincERely,

CAG
"Happy Motoring"