Fuel Filter Part Number

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:59:12 -0600

I received a fuel filter from one of our 20% discount vendors(a Nissan
dealership). I installed it... got terrible mileage for the 1st 2
tanks(22.5) and only slightly better for the next 2(23.5). Before I changed
the filter, I was getting anywhere between 26 and 27.5 mpg.

I understand that it's supposed to take a couple of tanks for "whatever it
is" needs to reset.

My concern at the time was that the OEM replacement looked smaller than the
one that was on there and that was why the mileage was down.

Well, I finally pulled the new one off, and wrote down the part number from
it: F100-061, Tennex Nissan. I researched and found another number from one
of the sites: 16400-41B00-JP. This last one is supposed to be the one for
the sr20de B13.

Does anyone know if these are the same parts, maybe just different numbers
for the same part.

I had to wedge the last filter out, this one sits very loosely. The box it
came in had obviously been previously opened.

It's not that I won't hesitate to flame the company responsible for sending
me the part(they've sent me the wrong parts before), but I want to make sure
before I consider it.

Sorry about the long post, just wanted to include as much info as possible.

Thanks for your help,
Mark