Tools

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:46:19 -0600

Thanks, Milton... really, Kobalt is really for automotive use? I do see that
the ratchets are much bigger than my current cheapo set(I don't even own a
1/2" ratchet or sockets). Food for thought.

Peter, you forgot about the 9/16 and the 14 mm. Knowing the approximate
sizes for std. .vs. metric is difficult. Using them when you haven't got the
other is a useful idea... but imo, only once. Using a tool that doesn't fit
as well as another is asking for rounded nuts and busted knuckles.... ewwww,
that sounds sick.

I'll still get the Kobalt set. Since they're going to be made by someone
else, Lowes is selling down on all their tools. They have lots of sets left,
I think I'll just keep an eye on how low they go. I'm pretty sure the price
will go even lower, leaving me some left over money for that "funky" ratchet
set.

Thanks again,
Mark