Tools

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:44:33 -0600

Then, this salesman is a moron. No company will sell a product advertised
with a guarantee and then not honor it. That is bad business. Any time a
tool manufacturer ends a line for a new they dump the old product but STILL
honor whatever kind of warrantee is on it, especially lifetime. DeWalt,
Milwaukee (preferred Sawzall of SCC), Stanley, Craftsmen et. al. do this
often. I deal with this everyday in my job.

And I snapped an extension on my Stanley tools Sat. trying to loosen some
strut bolts..

Brian

The Kobalts do have life-time guarantee.  They are coming out with a new
line
of Kobalts, so want to get rid of the stock.  The salesman at Lowes where I
bought mine was making noises / hints about they might not honor the
guarantee
at Lowe's, since they would not longer carry those particular ones.  I
bought
some anyway, I'll worry about it then if I actually do break one.  I think
maybe one time, many years ago, I broke a wrench, one of those ultra-cheap
jobs...

Jack Ray
94 SE-R