Nissport water temp adaptor

JMalapetsa@aol.com JMalapetsa@aol.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:34:41 -0600

In a message dated 2/12/2003 5:11:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
geo3@earthlink.net writes:

>  think the coolant temps extiting the engine will tend to fluctuate more.
> I think it will also give you a better idea of what the engine is dealing
> with in terms of heat management.  Of course, an oil temp gauge will also
> help with this.

> The sending unit hooked up before the T-stat (after the radiator) will give
> you an idea of how well the car is able to keep water temps stable.

There should be not much heat change between the radiator and the thermostat.
The thermostat opens at 180 degrees. this tells me the water temp is 180 at
the tstat. The fan comes on at about 220 degrees. I usually install the bung
on the outlet side. This would tell you how much tempature change between the
outlet and the tstat. this would tell me if the motor is getting hot and the
radiator is doing its job.  if you plumb the bung on the inlet side before
the tstat how would you know if the motor gets hot. if the tstat opens you
probably wont see much change because your getting cold fluid from the
radiator. the radiator will always be colder than the motor. That is the
nature of it. unless something is wrong