195/50/15 tires

JOHN MANN jmann98@msn.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 23:23:31 -0600

>>>I believe that the stock wheels are 15"x6.5", is that correct? With a 6.5"
wheel width, I feel that it's a wash between 205/50 and 195/50. The 205's are
wider, but will have more squish in the sidewall

The 200sx se-r was sold with 15X6 for most or all years, but I think your
point still holds. I have 205/50/15 (V-rated Kuhmo 712s) and am trying to
moving
toward something with better turn in, and help minimize tire weight and
friction, all w/o making my gearing awkwardly short. (Btw, I don't race).

Do the S-03s ever go off special at Tire Rack? Is it a permanent price ($73)?
I called Tire Rack and they said they wouldn't sell me that size because of
the tire's insufficient load compared to stock.

- John M.
'97 200sx se-r lightly modified