Battery Relocation

Tyler Clark LPTClark@ihc.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:05:23 -0600

I need to relocate my battery to the trunk, going turbo. I have seen a
few kits out there for this but I'm wondering if some of you have just
bought a marine battery box, fabricated the hold down brackets and
bought the correct gauge wire. I'm pretty comfortable getting the box to
be well secured but I need to know where to buy the wire besides a
stereo shop. There wire is so expensive it would be cheaper to buy a
battery kit. I think I recall someone talking about using wire they
bought from a welding  supply store. Has anyone bought wire from a
welding store before and if so what gauge should I ask for? Thanks in
advance!

TC
91 SE-R soon to have real HP