Our best and fastest cars and drivers needed for a TV show produced by SCC!

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:14:51 -0600

Mike wrote:

"I am thinking of using my red turbo super classic,
slicking it up and asking Randy Pobst to drive it (he
is a buddy of mine).  "

I met Randy last spring when I was still managing for Chili's and my store
was fairly close to Road Atlanta.
He was *really* surprised when I introduced myself and knew who he was
(roadracers don't get the notoriety of the NASCAB boys.)   He and I chatted
for about 10 minutes about racing (mostly my SCCA ITS aspirations and
whether or not the NX could be competitive against 6 cylinder E36 BMW's, Z's
and 2nd Gen RX7's.)   A really nice guy and now one of my favorite drivers!

Gee, and I've met  Shu, Pat Griffith, Larry McLeod, Barry Brown, Joe Dimino,
Tom Paule and Geo through SERCA as well ;-)

Oh, sometime I'll tell y'all the story about the time I had dinner with
former F-1 driver Jan Magnussen.   (True story.)

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs wiring work
-91 NX - Racecar-to-be
-75 Silverado - Rusty