tires

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:49:35 -0600

At 03:40 PM 1/26/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm about to order new tires for my sentra. Which one would you guys
>recommend (preferably all season - I live in Chicago)?

In Chicago?!?!?  The tires you list will probably at least suck in the
snow, most likely you won't be able to get out of a parking spot.  Check
the ratings at The Tire Rack
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp  or give them a
call.  Their sales reps really know their shit and will make excellent
suggestions on what will work best for you (not just what they make the
most commission on, or need to clear from inventory!)

My dad (Accord) and brother (NX2000) both bought the Dunlop SP sport A2 in
the last year, and have been very impressed with their snow capabilities
and all around performance.

Someone else suggested hi-po tires like the Bridgestone S-03.  I have them
on my NX2000 -- Just to give you an idea...  we get very little snow here
in Asheville NC.  In about 3 inches of snow last week, I could move it
maybe a foot back and forth, but it wasn't about to leave its parking
spot.  I spent 20 years driving in Ohio and know how to get around in the shit!