Hypercoil Gen 2 Install and Impressions

Aaron K se-r@limitedslip.net
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:22:32 -0600

> I have installed the Hypercoil Generation 2 springs for the B13 chassis.
> (I apologize to those who have not yet received their springs from the
> GD.)

I hadn't posted anything yet, but I installed the same springs at the end of
last year, acquired them through the same group deal. Before, I had stock
springs, AGXs, poly bushings on the entire front end, and a ST rear anti-sway
bar.

Overall, these springs are very nice! It lowed my car less that Bill's - about
3/4-1" in the rear, and just over an inch in the front. With my setup, car is
very eager to turn in, and the ride quality is pretty firm. Unfortunately, I
got them after the end of the autocross season, so I can't say how they'll
work for this, but I think it'll be great.

Also, I think my ST rear sway bar is making the ride a lot more harsh than it
should be. I'm going to try the progress adjustable rear bar, mostly for the
non-binding end links. There are some roads around here (Hillsboro/Portland
OR) that are considerably unbearable with this setup.

On another note, Isidro from High Performance Online has lost all by business
and my recommendation because of the way he handled the distribution of these
springs. It was not good at all...

Aaron
90 BMW M3
91 Nissan Sentra SE-R