Dithering...

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:49:16 -0600

I keep telling myself I'm debating whether to buy a WRX or fix
up my 94 SE-R.  During the last four or five months of internal debate
I have, done the following for my SE-R:

    new water pump and belt
    new hose in gas tank area (no more gas smell when I stop)
    300/200 springs (group deal)
    KYB AGX's
    rear control arms urethane bushing set
    slow leak in tire fixed
    four wheels balanced
    four wheel alignment
    front driver's side axle (Raxle's)
    firewall and dogleg motor mounts (stock)
    fixed A/C freon leak, evacuated and recharged A/C
    new dashlights dimmer switch
    new fan switch
    new resistor (?) - the thingy for the HVAC that resides behind
        the glovebox
    new windshield
    new sun visors
    new Sylvania "SilverStar" bulbs for headlights
    new fog lamp lenses and bulbs
    replaced stock wimpy horn with two (a Blazer horn (junkyard - $5),
        and an XTerra horn (from dealer - $14 plus change))

And today I ordered, from Courtesy Nissan

    Big Brake Upgrade Kit
    Front STB
    air filter
    oil filter (2)
    fuel filter
    platinum spark plugs
    spark plug wires
    distributor cap
    distributor rotor head

Near-future plans are:

    Rear STB (group deal - can't wait !)
    Good paint job
    good aftermarket stereo (that will play MP3's)
    new floor mats.

So -- Looks Like I'll Be Keeping The SE-R For A While (smile)...  That's a lot
of stuff, but a lot of it was long-needed repairs I had just put off and lived
with...

The dealer can't even get his hands on new ones for the classic.  Does anyone
have any good recommendations for floor mats for a classic ?  Ideally they'd
be
charcoal carpet.

Jack Ray
94 SE-R finally getting the attention it deserves.....