help pt2

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:08:09 -0600

Okay, didn't have a jack, used a forklift... just line a fork up with the
cross member.

Looked underneath... is there supposed to be an inner CV boot on the
passenger side? none there, outer OK.
No bolts sitting on the axle that I could tell from quick inspection.
Wheel did move when tugged on.
Rotated tire backwards... metallic scraping sound. Forwards couldn't tell if
rubbing or not.

BTW - noise disappears when brakes are pressed.

I am at a f'in loss here and worried as hell. I think I need to take the
wheel off to really be sure... any other suggestions?

Should I go ahead and pull the hub and replace bearing?

Oh yeah, the metal ring on the pass axle, near the housing was out a little
and I could move with my hand back towards the housing/tranny...
significant?

Brian
'getting scared to drive the car anywhere'