EGR removal/emission

Josh Foster j_foster@charter.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:57:56 -0600

Guys,

I did a search of the archives, but couldn't find what I was looking for.
(I have a 92 SE-R w/ POP.)  I know how to remove/disable the EGR, but I
would like to know if anyone has removed the entire assembly and still
passed emissions.  I live in the St. Louis metro area, and we have a sniffer
test every 2 years (no visual); but I would like to clean up my engine bay
by removing the EGR system, especially since mine in acting up.  Is a
well-running SR20 clean enough to pass a sniffer test w/o the EGR?  I'm
especially curious of the CA guys due to the tighter emissions, or would EGR
removal automatically fail the visual for them?

Thanks,

Josh