... non-starting issues

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:57:24 -0600

> And when the car originally died (about a year ago), a
> jump-start was the very first thing I tried. Unlike a jump
when > the alt. belt snapped, it had no effect.

 Sounds like the starter to me as well. When mine went out, the
car would start when it was cold, but after driving around and
parking for a few minutes, the car wouldn't start. I rebuilt my
starter and haven't had a problem since. I was surprized to see
how bad the brushes in my starter looked.

 I originally thought the problem had something to do with my
alarm or with the switch at the clutch pedal, but both of those
things checked out. I would go ahead and replace the starter.
You should be able to rebuild it for less than $30. That, or I
believe Andris was selling rebuilt starters for pretty cheap.
The job isn't that hard to do, but I would recommend having
someone help you. It's easier to have someone under the car and
someone above.

Ben
'93 NX

=====