Grinding noise during cold startup

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:22:47 -0600

It's hard to describe because it changes every time I start the car.
Sometimes it's a short grind that lasts about 1/4 of a second sometimes
almost a full second and it changes pitch too so it's very difficult to tell
  what is grinding.  I'll try to get my GF to crank it and I'll listen for
where it may coming from.

Ray S
98 Sentra SE

<raystajuana@hotmail.com>,se-r@lists.deskmedia.com
          >Subject: RE: Grinding noise during cold startup
          >Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:52:09 -0600

          >What kind of grinding noise, where does it come from?

          >I have a grinding noise when I start, but I know it is my starter
since I
          >can get it to make the noise w/o actually turning the engine
over.