shift points

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:45:22 -0600

Brian wrote:

>>I am trying to figure out why I am getting such bad gas mileage. I have
changed O2 sensors and currently have the EGR disconnected. I know I need to
clean the TB and the EGR tube, just too damn cold to do right now.<<

The EGR tube will not really affect your MPG, and your shift points are just
fine as well.
After the O2 sensor, I think the biggest culprits to poor mileage are:
- Bad MAF ground.
- Bad or misadjusted TPS
- Bad ignition system components (wires, coil, cap, rotor.)   If you are
using the platinum plugs, those are most likely OK

Maybe look at your fuel filter, reset your ECU, clean your TB, replace your
PCV and check for vacuum leaks if you are still having MPG issues.

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs wiring work
-91 NX - Racecar-to-be
-75 Silverado - Anyone want to buy a rusty pickup?
-01 Astro - company van, future Tow Beast