Water pump

Ben Baird ben@polycore-usa.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:14:06 -0600

Quick question.  Is there anywhere on the front of the block (besides the
weep holes) that can leak coolant.  My car has left a sizeable puddle of
coolant under the oil pan.  I already checked all the hoses and
inlets/outlets on the block and they are all dry.  The top weep hole on the
water pump is clean and dry as well.  I noticed the puddle last week when I
parked the car and have not driven it since.  Looking down at the front of
the engine I can see the front of the oil pan is wet.  I can barely get my
hand in to where the pump is.  The bottom side up the pump is wet, But it's
a grungy mess, With dirt and such.  It is definitely coolant on the ground,
I just can't see where it's coming from.  This was the first time I noticed
coolant.  The pump has been making no noise, the last time one went out It
made noise for a few weeks, but never leaked, that pump seized.  Any
suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Ben Baird
'91 SE-R <== half sold
'92 SE-R <== bleeding