Question about swapping ECUs

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:29:29 -0600

I used a Cali ECU when mine was at JWT, I added the EGR temp sensor- its
like 12 bux, and the wireing harness has the EGR temp plug already on it. I
don't think U can use a 91-92 ECU in a 93 and 94 due to it having a
mechanical speedo vs electronic on 93-94s. Car will run with a 91-92 but
speedo will not work most likely- have not tried it. U can use a 93 ECU in a
91, tried it, works just fine.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R built GTi-R, JWT, NISMO, Aquamist, Blackstone, Garrett, Protech,
MSD, ACT, Greddy, Blitz, Autometer, KYB, Eibach, and whole lot more.
01 Max 5spd soon airbag less.
90 Max winter beast- 152WHP