Which clutch?

Chris Scarpulla sr20de@optonline.net
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 21:53:12 -0600

>From personal experience I highly recommend the JWT PP / 2001 disc
combo. I've got it on my B13, and love it. It's sooooo light that you
may need a bit of time to adjust to it! The pedal is actually lighter
than on my 2001 Jetta 1.8t, but it grabs nice and can handle any bolt
ons that you throw at it.

Do yourself a favor, and order a rear main seal, and axle seals while
you're in there. You'll probably also need a new clutch cable. At that
many miles, it's probably at least a little dried out. Don't forget a
throwout bearing and clips (two). If you're doing the job yourself, save
your sanity and get the alignment tool while you're at it.

You need a little less than 4 quarts of GL4 fluid, which is nearly
impossible to find on the shelf at auto parts stores. Redline MT90 is
GL4, and you can get it for $7.00 per quart from www.myoilshop.com,
order online and use dealer code 675421 for 10% discount.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/B13_clutch.html lists everything except the
JWT PP. Call them, and also give Greg Vogel @ www.mossyperformance.com a
ring.

While I'm spending your money, if you're considering a lightweight
flywheel, checkout the Fidanza at
http://www.jgycustoms.com/flywheels.htm Jason has the best price around.

Cheers,
Chris