blower motor noise

Josh Douglas yjosh@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:38:03 -0600

Hi all

I'm getting around to fixing the annoying squeaks and
rattles in my 91. My interior fan motor makes a noise
and I'm wondering if anyone else has had it and if
theyve fixed it...

It sounds like a thud-thud-thud-thud noise in time
with the revolutions of the fan. If you turn up the
fan, the noise speeds up with it. The noise is
intermitent. Usually, it will start if I turn the fan
up quickly, say from off up to the 3rd or 4th setting.
If I slowly turn the fan on, letting it get up to
speed at each setting, I can get it up to four with no
noise. Almost as if there is a clutch or bearing
slipping that makes the noise?

Also, sometimes it will begin if the car is jarred,
such as going over a bad bump or slamming a door.

I haven't pulled it down yet to see if there is
something caught in there. Thought I'd see if anyone
else has had this problem first.

Thanks.
Josh
91 classic