My QR25 is dying at 15k miles :(

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 19:32:06 -0600

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 09:00:14AM -0600, Raymond A. Kawski wrote:

> Joshua Gary wrote:

> > He basically said that the QR25 was originally built with cheaper
>  American made parts.  When Nissan realized the parts and design
>  were defective; they started using Japan based parts about the
> > middle of this year.

> This info is not correct.

Are you absolutely certain that this information is incorrect?  Several
people seem to disagree with you, Ray:

  http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=42904

I'm not saying anybody's more correct than anyone else, but I wouldn't
call Clark Steppler a "Nissan Technical Lightweight," and he was the
source for Trav's information, if I'm telling the story correctly (which
I may not be).

> Since to my knowledge their has not been a recall on the
> QR25 your dealer will probably do nothing until
> a.) A recall is issued by Nissan -or-
> b.) the engine blows and its deemed a design flaw.

They have been quietly replacing QR25s.  Talk to your service manager
about your dissatisfaction, and you may get yours replaced as well.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |