SR20DE head flow numbers.

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:05:12 -0600

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 11:37:32PM -0600, JMalapetsa@aol.com wrote:

> DPR's head is a nice piece. There can be improvements to the head. As far as
> welding the chamber this was done after his head was run. this lost torque in
> the lower rpms. Mikes car IM sure was done at a conservative level also.

I think that the new head Mike is working on will be much more exciting.
Plus, there seems to be something very very attractive about a head
that's been ported by a CNC mill rather than by hand...consistency, I
think, is the word I'm looking for. :)

So, are you saying that the low-port *head* is capable of more flow than
a high-port head is?  If I understand you (and I'm not sure that I do),
a low-port head with a bigger exhaust (+1mm) configuration with something
like an O2 Induction short-runner/large-plenum intake manifold would be
the hottest setup possible...right?

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |