Is Nissan to big?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:19:25 -0600

Ben Fenner wrote:

>You would have to be following the story to understand. Mr. Uzi Nissan has
>had that domain for many, many years and has used it for commercial use,
>first as one company, then another, and finally he's been selling computer
>equipment for 5-10 years now with that same domain name. Nissan, the car
>company, has effectively shut him down. If you take Uzi Nissan's side
>(which I do), clearly a case of a big company pushing people around.

This is not uncommon.

Walter Taylor, late owner of the Bully Hill Vineyards in upstate NY, and
heir to the Taylor wine fortune, was forced to remove his name from the
labels of his Bully Hill wines.  You see, Taylor wine sold out to
Coca-Cola.  Coca-Cola successfully sued Walter Taylor to remove his name
from the labels.  HIS NAME for crying out loud.

I like what Walter Taylor did.  He held a huge party and invited kids from
area colleges to come and drink and cross out his last name on all of the
bottles in his inventory.  His labels from that point forward were printed
with a black streak where his last name should have been.

In the end, as I understand it, Walter Taylor regained his right to put his
name on the labels, but I don't believe he ever did again.  Oh, and
Coca-Cola lost big-time on Taylor wines. :-)

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com